Friday, September 17, 2010

Main Street, U.S.A.

I love this time of year - the cooler days bring thoughts of crunchy walks along leaf covered trails and long drives on mountain highways hugged by the brilliant color of fall. I love stopping in quaint small towns with their welcoming hospitality, local diners and best of all...antique shops!


Before I go, I check online to map out the trip to make the most of my day. I've found that most antique mall search engine websites are not comprehensive so checking multiple sites is important - such as www.antiquetrip.com and www.antiqueshoppesusa.com. I like both of these sites because they list shops in alphabetical order by the name of the town - this helps save time so you don't have to sift through lists of shops that are nowhere near your destination. You should also call the shop to make sure it is still in the location listed on the site - these lists are not always up to date and unfortunately slow economic times have taken its toll on our local small business folks. The best way to keep Main Street, U.S.A. alive and well, and enrich your own life at the same time, is to spend some quality time with the locals...



1 comment:

  1. Thanks, this photo and tribute to Fall are just what I need to help me get over the somewhat unwelcome end of Summer. Oh for just a few more hot days!

    ReplyDelete